Tuesday 16 July 2013

Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic


My holiday is approaching quick so I felt it was only right I treated myself to a new, bright, lipstick. I am definitely not one of those people who feels they can pull off bright lips, as- due to having MASSIVE lips- I am extremely conscious of them looking too bold and overpowering.
This summer I've decided to try and step out of my comfort zone and brighten up my look. Sometimes neutrals just look that little bit, I don't know... dull?

 I have been desperate to try out Rimmel's Apoclips ever since I read my first review on it. but the colours have always been way too scary for me. I couldn't think of a more perfect opportunity to buy it.

Although it's not quite a 'lipstick', it is, just as- if not more- pigmented, the only difference I've picked up on so far is it's more moisturising and glossy.


The applicator makes applying it smooth and easy which I'm so grateful for as was worried that as it being a pigmented liquid I would end up smearing it everywhere! Fingers crossed this will never be a problem.


When I first got out the shop I had another little peak at it causing me to question my purchase, as it looked 10 times brighter than before.
I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and dragged it across my lips. Although its brightness shocked me-once again- at first, I have since been wearing it all day (that one application  lasted all day) and have got used to the gorgeous hot pink colour. 

It hasn't dried out my lips like many other lipsticks do, so I give this product a strong 9/10. I have definitely surprised  myself by loving it so much- in fact I may go back and buy some more shades!!

Have you tried Rimmel Apocalips? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment