Monday 2 September 2013

MUA Power Pouts Lipstick in Broken Hearted

After achieving the grades I 'd aimed for in my GCSEs, I decided to treat myself to a shop around Superdrug and Boots. Although I may have overspent and purchased a few too many products, since trying everything out over the past week there is most definitely one product that has stood out and I felt it was only right to share it with you!

 I picked up MUA's power pout Lipstick in Broken Hearted as a bit of a gamble. I've been looking at them since they first came out but I've always found something else that takes my fancy instead. Admittedly my expectations were, as always, rather high for MUA as for the price I've found the quality is always to an impressive standard, but I honestly didn't know if I was asking for too much with this product.

The Power Pout certainly lived up to my expectations! The pigmentation is probably my favourite thing about it. It's not as pigmented as MUA's lipsticks as it is very sheer, but with a few coats it's easily built up. I love the idea of this as it allows it to be worn for many different occasions. The texture of it is also great as it doesn't have that cheap plastic-y feel to it as many cheap lipsticks tend to have.
Since buying it I have been using it daily which is something I've never done with a lipstick. The only problem I have found with it is the smell/ taste. I think it is supposed to be a subtle mint which unfortunately reminds me of 2 hour old chewing gum. Luckily I can see past this and it fades after a while! From reviews I've read of  Bourjois' Colour Boost lip crayons,I imagine this to be a cheaper version but I will probably buy one to test this theory and let you know. Whether it is or isn't, I love this product and will definitely be purchasing some more. :)

Have any of you guys tried this product? What did you think? Perhaps you have already compared it to boujoirs' colour boost? Let me know, I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

4 comments:

  1. I am not keen on the smell of this either, and I don't find it quite as good as the Bourjois lip crayons. But for the price I prefer these, and they are so pigmented!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely give the lip crayons a go then! Thank you! :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm a massive fan of MUA products but I find with this product it starts off great but then during the day fades a bit. But then to be honest considering the price I shouldn't expect it to last all day?
    Love your blog btw! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA is amazing for the money! I agree, I do have to top it up throughout the day but for amount it is, I suppose we can't complain! ;)

      Thank you! Have a nice day! X

      Delete