Sunday 16 June 2013

Hot Cloth Cleansers- the pricier the better?


Like the majority of people out there who haven't found that life changing product, complaining about the condition of my ever-changing skin was a daily occurrence. I felt I was constantly on the look for new skin care products that would improve the look and the health of my skin. Out of all different types of products, promising different things, e.g. 'cleanses pores!', or 'destroys blackheads!' I hadn't come across one that completely 'WOW'd' me, and *sigh* definitely not one that I would go out of my way to repurchase.

One day, I decided to see what all the fuss is about, by trying my mum's (highly raved about) 'Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser'. Ever since, hot cloth polishes have been a part in my daily skin care regime, and I have noticed a definite difference in my skin! Unfortunately, the Liz Earle cleanser is slightly out of my budget and I have been struggling to pay for it as often as I need to (even though it does last ages!), so I have been on the lookout for another hot cloth cleanser that perhaps works just as well for my skin. 

So far I have tried three different brands, including Liz Earle, Superdrug, and Along Came Betty.
Before I start I'll just mention that my skin type is combination: with dry, normal, and oily patches! :) 


This is the cheapest out of the three products, but don't be fooled by the brand name or the price. I absolutely love this product! Of course, throughout different times of the month my skins changes and this is the cleanser I use to get my skin back on track during the bad times!  It not only tones my skin so I can wake up knowing it won't be patchy, but it also calms it down, preventing any greasiness or dryness. It's not the sort of product I'd show off, but it is definitely one I will keep repurchasing!
Packaging- 4/10
Product- 8/10
Price- 10/10
Overall- 8/10
I got this cleanser when it just came out(I think) and was on for half price at my local TESCO Direct. Although I hadn't heard of the brand's name, I absolutely loved the vintage-y packaging, so picked it up, and I am quite glad I did. The first few days of using it my skin felt much smoother and softer, however after a while it started to break out in random places, so I don't use it as much any more (I tend to keep it on display in my bathroom, due to the wonderful packaging! It's also what I take when I go away). I'm not sure if I would go out of my way to repurchase this item, but if it was on sale again I would definitely grab one! 
Packaging- 10/10
Product- 5/10
Price- 9/10
Overall- 6/10
Ahhhh. I love this hot cloth cleanser, however the price means I can only afford this around twice a year (if I could afford it I would buy it much more than that, as even though it is a tad pricey it is worth every penny!). The product is all around good quality, and I would trust it with my life to improve my skin's condition in a matter of just a few days. I also know that this works with all skin types and all ages. The smell is natural, and although the bottle is simple (and perhaps plain), I do like it. All around amazing product!
Packaging- 8/10
Product- 9/10
Price- 5/10
Overall- 10/10

I would definitely agree with the term 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to skin care. The ingredients in the more expensive ones are much better, however if you are on a budget and are confident certain ingredients wont do any harm on your skin, give it a go, maybe you could save a few pounds!
Are you using any good hot cloth cleansers? Or do you prefer other products?
If so, which ones? 

No comments:

Post a Comment