Tuesday 9 July 2013

Alton Towers

Today I went to Alton Towers. The trip was free with school as a leaving present, so obviously I was desperate to make the most out of my time there!

I can't say I was as impressed as usual, to be honest. After a hold up from school, we had 5 hours in Alton Towers, you'd think that'd be long enough to get on a few rides, have lunch, and plotter around, right? Wrong. Me and my friend Bailey managed to get on one ride, in which the queue was so long we had no time to get on any more, as the estimated queue time of other rides would have brought us out to be an hour late back at the bus. We instead ended up spending £10 on an all you can eat pizza and pasta buffet. The food was absolutely gorgeous, but the restaurant had no toilet and of course, I'd have much preferred spend that time on rides, and not doing something that could be done anywhere.


This was me and Bailey before we got tired of being in the never ending queue for the Smiler. Yes, we did consider that with it being a new ride it would have a long wait, but remember this was a weekday, so a lot of people would be in school or work. The other rides' queues were also over an hour and a half- two.

I know this can't really be helped, but I just think it's such a waste of money, I'd be so annoyed if I'd have paid for this day. Previous times I've been I've had such a good time, maybe I was just unlucky.

What were the queues like when you've been to Alton Towers? Do you think you made it on enough rides to get your moneys worth?