Tuesday 11 June 2013

A little bit of retail therapy

Since it's coming to the end of study leave and the beginning of summer, I never know how to spend my days. Instead of staying in doing nothing and getting bored, I jump at the opportunity to do anything, which meant this morning I found myself waking up 7am (earlier than I'd wake up for school!), and rushing out the house with my mum and brother to pick up his new hearing aid.
As you'd expect, by 9:30, when we were still waiting for his 9o'clock appointment, I found myself regretting saying yes, and wishing I'd just stayed in bed, but I was holding onto the promise of getting to visit a few shops afterwards, and I was beyond excited, as A) I hadn't been shopping in ages, and had some money burning a hole in my pocket, and B) I wanted to buy some new summery nail polishes!

I am no nail expert, (I can hardly even paint my left hand, never mind my right hand, or toenails) so I had no idea which nail polishes were good. All I knew is I wanted to spend as little time painting my nails as possible, and definitely did not want to have to do numerous coats (that thought horrifies me!) You can imagine my excitement when I came across 'Maybelline Color show' as it just sounds so pigmented (is that the word to describe nail paint?!) I would only need one or two coats. My excitement grew as I realised how pretty some of the colours were! I decided to give it a go, because there was nothing to lose (other than  the £3 they were each, but seriously, £3, what a bargain?!). The colours I chose were:

 265 PINK BOOM
I love the brightness of this colour! Not only is it super summery but it would match a variety of outfits. 
 352 DOWNTOWN RED
Okay, I admit. I got this because I fell in love with the mysterious name. I know it isn't exactly 'summery' but I thought it would look nice for an evening out; a red lipstick occasion.
120 URBAN TURQUOISE 
I tend to go for a warmer shade in nail polish. I don't know why? This was very different to what I would usually pick up, but I shocked myself by absolutely loving this colour, in fact this was the one I was most excited about!
342 CORAL CRAZE
This colour is extremely summery, I had to buy it! I'd never really considered an orangey-coral but I'll try it out! It was like no colour I previously owned, but what's the point in buying colours I already had?
77 NEBLINE
Lastly I got this beautiful baby pink. I thought this would be good for the next few weeks where I have to keep nipping in to school for exams (they're very strict on uniform) as it looks a more subtle colour- It will also make me feel that little bit more summery outside of school.

As soon as I got home I took off my chipped week old polish and put on the 'urban turquoise'. I was amazed by how easily I could put it on,and it only needed 1 coat (expect on the odd nail where two were needed). So far I'm impressed, but lets hope it just doesn't chip (I do NOT want to have to keep re-painting it!!!!!).

While I was there I had a quick browse (you can never have too much makeup) and bought the concealer EVERYONE is raving about.

 Of course, it's the 'Collection Lasting Perfection concealer'! After all its great reviews I have been wanting to buy this for ages! I haven't felt satisfied with a concealer in so long, and I'm hoping this will do the trick! Especially to say how cheap it was!

Anyway, sorry for rambling (as you've probably guessed, I'm new at blogging!).

Cheerio, Megan. x

2 comments:

  1. I am addicted to those maybelline nail polishes!!! They are my favourite at the moment. The colours are amazing (the turquoise is my favourite shade. If I could have it my way, I would buy the whole collection. I especially love the limited edition ones. I'm yet to try the new leather ones out. Have you tried them?

    http://nailartiste.blogspot.com/

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love them! I do find they dry a little too fast sometimes, however :( But oh well! No I haven't tried them out, I'll have to do that when I next see them!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete