Tuesday 25 June 2013

Prom...

Ever since I was a young age, end of school prom was one thing I was looking forward too. Not only did I get to celebrate never having to go to school again, wear uniform, or take out my earrings each morning, but I also got to dress up like a princess- what young child wouldn't be in love with that idea? Apparently not me. When the time of prom approached my excitement wore off completely. So me and my best friend, Bailey, decided the best way for us to enjoy our leaving due was to have a mini 'prom on our own.

As we didn't want to miss out on the getting- ready aspects of prom, we still dressed up as if we were going, however instead of getting in the car to go to prom, we went to a local Chinese restaurant.

I instantly fell in love with a Greek-style prom dress, so soon arranged for my whole look to be Greek themed; hair up, tan/ brown make-up/ accessories.  These are some products I wore which I was very impressed with! I was going to show everything I wore, but I thought it'd make it that bit too long!!

George. molten metals- No. 5 'Party Animal'
This nail polish was actually my aunt's which she lent to me. The colour is beautiful- as you may be able to tell from the photo, it is metallic so depending on the angle it's a different shade of coppery-gold. I didn't put any finish on after it, however it still lasted all night and the next day without chipping. (I then took it off with remover so I don't know what happens next...)

Rimmel Glam'Eyes- 710 'Twilight zone'.
Completely contradicting what I just said about using brown colours, I used this pallet to do my eyes with. The look I wanted was for bold eyes, and nude lips (As my lips are MASSIVE, they can only be bright in extreme cases). I used the white for the inside corners of my eyes and- obviously- brought the colour out, getting darker so it was black on the outside corners(mind block of its actual name!?). I used the black under my eye too, using a thin angled brush from Ecotools. Under my eyeshadow I wore MUA Primer, and it lasted all evening without wearing off, smudging, or creasing. Brilliant!


Victoria Jackson Peach Color Collection 
I have had this pallet for ages, and haven't started using it until quite recently. I used the bronzers in this pallet. As they're in small squares and I don't want a patch of it on my brush, to use it I swipe my brush along all the colours and up again- I've been using it every day for over a month and i have so much left! It's so pigmented and it's amazing for contouring!!

I just used a normal lip balm over pale lips. In my hair I wore a doughnut which instead of tucking my hair in, I plaited. Overall I was pretty please with how it all turned out, and I do not regret not going to prom, my evening was just as enjoyable, if not more so. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment